Thursday, May 06, 2010

Change in Plans - May 2010 Newsletter

In Proverbs 16:9 says “A man’s heart plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps.” I have found this to be so true in regards to my plans to go to the States for a visit. In my last newsletter I shared that I was planning on going in February this year but I ended up not being able to go because I still didn’t have a visa for living here in Romania. If you don’t have a visa Romania requires that you have a ticket to fly back to the States from Romania. That would have meant buying not only a round-trip ticket but also an additional ticket back to the States. The cost to do that made the trip way too expensive. So instead of going in February I worked on getting a visa to live here in Romania.


Started Business
If you remember from my last newsletter I said that my best option for getting a visa was to start a business and that is what I ended up doing through a lawyer and Florin helping me. It is called Evangel Media and the motto is “Bringing the transforming power of the gospel to life”. About three weeks ago I received a five year visa which was the first one I have ever received for more than one year. I was so happy and praised God when I picked up my visa card! It is so nice that I won’t have to deal with this again for five years.


Coming in September
So now that I have my visa for Romania I plan on going to the States in either late August or early September and staying till late October. Lord willing that is! If you would like to meet up while I’m in the States let me know as I am going to work on my plans over the next few weeks. Right now my tentative plan is to fly to California from Romania then on to Montana then Idaho then maybe Washington and then back to California to fly back with a team that will be coming to do a week-end retreat for Calvary Chapel Bucharest and Brasov at the end of October. While I am in the States I will need some places to stay so if you would like to host me while I am there please let me know.


Financial Situation
The year started out really well as I received more support in January that I ever had before. But in February and March I received less than I ever had. Thankfully April was more in the normal range. Starting up the business and paying all the fees for the visa totaled about $1,500 which didn’t help the situation either.  Since I used up most of my savings last year things are really tight now, probably the tightest it has ever been for me except for when I first moved to Romania. In fact, it will be interesting to see if I will have enough to pay rent for my apartment later this month. 


I also need money to buy tickets in order to fly around while I am in the States and it would be best to do it soon so the tickets will be at their cheapest price. In addition, there are things needed for my ministry in Romania that I would love to be able to buy while in the States.


So as you can see I have many needs. Please pray that God will provide for me. Please also pray for more monthly supporters for my regular ongoing living expenses as well as one-time gifts to be able to pay my rent this month and also to cover everything related to my trip to the States. If you have any questions or would just like to talk please contact me using one of the options below.


In part two of my newsletter I will share more about Evangel Media and what has been going on in the ministry. Until then.


God bless,


William


Support Information


Make checks payable to: Calvary Chapel Missions or CCM
Put WA in the memo section and attached a note to the check with my name William Anderson  


Mail to: 


Calvary Chapel Boise
123 Auto Drive
Boise, ID  83709


Donate Online To William


Be sure to put “William Anderson – Romania” in the comment box


FYI
I usually receive my support on the 20th of each month so allow at least a week for your support to clear the system.


Contact Information


Email: godswillromania@gmail.com












Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dulcewill/ (add me as friend)


Personal website: http://godswill.ro/


Skype and Yahoo Messenger ID: godswillromania


Landline Phone : 011-40-314-323-299 (011 if you are calling from USA) 


Time difference: add 9 hours if you live in Mountain Time Zone (10 hours Pacific)



Gospel Ministry Update - May 2010 Newsletter (part2)




No comments: