Thursday, October 12, 2006

Shared the Gospel on the Train

On the train down to Bucharest the Lord did provide me with an opportunity to talk with a young Romanian man, Robert age 26. He is from Bucharest but working in Brasov at a construction site for a hotel. He does metal work.

He told me he believes in God but doesn't go to church. I was able to share my testimony and talk about what it really means to be a Christian and how one becomes a Christian. He seemed interested and I think I left him with some things to think about. He asked me where we meet for church as his girlfriend, who lives in Brasov, doesn't believe in God. So I gave him a card with info about our church.

So please pray for Robert. That God would water the seed I planted.

On the way back to Brasov I didn't share with anyone as those around me didn't speak English but I was able to be Christ-like to a couple. Their seats were not together so they asked a guy to change seats with one of them but he said no. I saw that so I offered to change my seat so they could be together.

It was not a big deal but you would be surprised at how often people in Romania are rude and selfish. Especially when it comes to driving a car or waiting in line. Sometimes it makes me really mad and in my mind I think of teaching them a lesson but thankfully I don't follow thru though there have been a few times I have said something.

Lately I have noticed this rudeness and selfishness a lot more. Maybe it has always been there but I haven't been paying attention to it. I don't know. I'm not saying everyone is like this but sadly a lot of people are.

But it has caused me to think about why it is this way. I may be wrong but I think it goes back to the the impact communism had on people and after it collapsed how most people were in survival mode only thinking of how to get through each day and not looking or thinking of the long term consequences of their actions or how what they did impacted other people. Survival of the ruthless so to speak.

Another negative influence is their lack of respect for law because they grow up in a very corrupt system. When almost every part of Romanian life is touched by corruption and the politicians, judges, police, governmental employees, ecetera don't respect and live by the law what can motivate people other than the threat of jail?

Wherever people have turned in their hearts back to God you see change for the good like less crime. I have read of times when, after a revival, cities have had to let some of their policemen go cause the amount of crime had gone way done. May this kind of problem come to Romania! May the Lord shower His love, mercy and grace on the people of this beautiful land. To His glory. Pray for the people of Romania to turn their hearts back to God from religion, legalism and sin.


No comments: