Monday, August 09, 2010

Gospel Quote - Pursuing Holiness or Pursuing Christ

I came across the following quote on Jared Wilson's blog The Gospel-Driven Church in a post titled What About Being Holy? It is encouraging and comforting to know that our eternal destiny does not rest on what we do but rather on what Jesus did. It's all about Jesus so our life should be all about Him as well.
Christ is my righteousness. Christ is my holiness. Therefore, becoming holy is not primarily a matter of pursuing holiness but primarily a matter of pursuing Christ. Rather, becoming holy is a matter of receiving his pursuit of me. And any righteousness I pursue that doesn't have Jesus in the crosshairs of my effort -- or, again rather, having myself in the crosshairs of his effort -- is self-righteousness.

No comments: